Saturday, July 5, 2014

Favorite Recipes from all around

Generally, I only post a recipe on my page unless it's one of my own that I created myself or if I got it from someplace else and made a modifications (which I kinda always do), I'll link back to where I originally found it.  But there are a few recipes that are just heaven from the get-go, and I wanted to share links to a few of my favorite go-to recipes that I find myself using multiple times throughout the year.  Hope you enjoy!

Meatloaf
I know, it doesn't sound all that exciting.  But really, this is wonderful and easy and makes great leftovers!!!

Flank Steak and Chimichurri sauce
I don't know where to start.  This is our favorite way to make steak anymore.  You can either pan cook the steak like on the webpage, or grill it.  It's wonderful!  And the sauce!  OMG! So much heaven. (FYI - I use fresh or frozen(thawed) spinach for the added nutrients.)  And the extra chimichurri sauce you'll have leftover? It also makes a wonderful marinade for chicken or steak.

Beer Cheese Soup
This soup is more like a stew.  And while it's great on it's own, it really makes a great base for a hearty stew that you can add any meat you want to - I've done chicken, kielbasa, beef.  All turned out yummy.  You can also play around with the spicing a little too.  I like to add a Tbsp of paprika for some smoky flavor sometimes.

Texas Sheet Cake
The chef on the linked page calls this Fudgy Vanilla Brownie, but really it's cake.  It's also wonderful.  If your not a fan of almond, use vanilla.  I also made a chocolate version of this which was wonderful, but I forgot to write down what I did.  I wanna say I added 3 to 4 Tbsp cocoa to the cake and the icing and a little extra milk?!  Will have to try that again soon :)

Pumpkin Pancakes
Yes, this links back to my own page. But if you haven't made these yet, ya gotta do it! Soon!  They're incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment